Tuesday 27 August 2013

Desert Island Books Takeover Part 7!

Welcome back to the last week of August! Hope you've had a lovely bank holiday - what did you read? Summer's end is quickly approaching (very sad!) but never fear we've still got out desert island books to keep the sun shining! As a treat today we've even got a double feature! You lucky lot! Both Erin and Marjolein are in the desert island hotspot today, so check out their answers!



Erin Taylor

1. If you were stranded on a desert island for the summer and you were only allowed one book, which would you bring with you and why?

I would probably say Heart on a Chain by Cindy C. Bennett. It;s my most re-read book. I never get tired of it. It's such a sweet book, full of the feels.

2. You discover that your favourite author has washed up ashore with you - who would it be (and why)?
I'm always discovering new favourite authors, currently it would be Laini Taylor. I would want to pick her brain to find out how she writes so lyrically, and her inspiration for Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

3. What would be the ultimate question you'd love to ask them?
I would want a spoiler, because I'm a spoiler freak. I'd want to know if Karou and Akiva get their happy ending.

4. You see a boat in the distance coming to rescue you... Where would you want it to take you and why (it can be anywhere, real or fiction)?
I would say Morganville, setting of the Morganville Vampires. After being stuck on a desert island, I won't want to see sand for a while.I'd want to meet Claire, Eve, Michael and Shane.



Marjolein:


1. If you were stranded on a desert island for the summer and you were only allowed one book, which would you bring with you and why?

I think it would be Girl In Translation by Jean Kwok. I have read this book over and over again and it is still my favorite

2. You discover that your favourite author has washed up ashore with you – who would it be (and why)?

I have a few favorite authors, but I would pick Kathryn Stockett . I was blown away by her book The Help!

3. What would be the ultimate question you’d love to ask them?

I would ask her what her next writing project is, and what inspired her to write it. Will it be something similar to The Help or completely different?

4. You see a boat in the distance coming to rescue you… Where would you want it to take you and why (it can be anywhere, real or fiction)?

Definately New York! Since I can remember it's my dream to visit NYC, so the boat would definately take me there.






Check out marjolein's blog here:
www.marjoleinbookblog.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/MarjoleinBookBlog
twitter: @marjoleinbalm

No comments:

Post a Comment