Monday 19 August 2013

Desert Island Books Takeover - Part 3!

Welcome to Part 3 of our Desert Island Books Takeover!
This time we've asked the lovely Arianne to answer our questions! Do you agree with her choices?



Arianne currently guest blogs freelance at a couple of different blogs, but you can find her most often at Daisy Chain Book Reviews, run by the amazing Leanna: http://daisychainbookreviews.blogspot.ie/
and you can find her on Twitter @Ariannebooklove: https://twitter.com/Ariannebooklove

  
1. If you were stranded on a desert island for the summer and you were only allowed one book, which would you bring with you and why?

Talk about a tough opener! I am notoriously bad at naming my favourite books. The Lord of the Rings would certainly keep me fit on the island if I had to keep lugging it around and I really love Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry, but the more I think about it, the more I realize I'd choose Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly. It has the most stunning story and when I read about Andi's battle, I feel like I can overcome anything. 

2. You discover that your favourite author has washed up ashore with you – who would it be (and why)?

Now I have to choose people as well as books? Oh dear! Initially I was going to say Claire Hennessy, a brilliant Irish author who published most of her nine books before she was out of her teens, but I think that would be cheating as I've actually asked her a few questions about writing in the past! Seriously though, it'd have to be Jennifer E. Smith. I love her characterization and writing style. I also think she'd be a really fun person to be washed up on an island  with!

3. What would be the ultimate question you’d love to ask them?

I would definitely have trouble sticking with one question, but if I had to I would love to ask Jennifer about how her books come together. I've always been interested in the first-draft-to-editing process and I think that's where you know if the style and story are really working. 

4. You see a boat in the distance coming to rescue you… Where would you want it to take you and why (it can be anywhere, real or fiction)?



I'm not even going to try and hide my cheating with this one. The boat would take me to the TARDIS, from which I would visit Paris, Hogwarts and every Book Expo America from here to eternity, via Renaissance Italy and a day trip to Ancient Egypt - in that order.


(Hey, if you'd been stuck on a desert island for months, you'd want to spoil yourself too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment