Sunday 10 February 2013

Something for Sunday


On wet and miserable Sundays like today, I sometimes find myself at a bit of a loose end looking for things to do and read, so I thought I'd post up this video that I have seen posted around the internet for a while.
You may have already seen it, but it is Disney's new short animation that has been nominated for an Oscar, and it is so sweet.



What do you think of it? Do you think it will win the Oscar? If not here is another nominee from the National Film & Television School which is quite sweet:


They seem quite fitting for a February theme of love, which I am fully (and unintentionally) fulfilling with my book choices as well, first with a new Mira book out in the summer called 'Love is a Thief' (more on that in a few weeks) and also Picador's new debut 'Ten Things I've Learnt About Love' by Sarah Butler.
What are you reading at the moment? Anything valentines themed? Or even the complete opposite?


Hope you enjoy what's left of the weekend!

Emily x

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I haven't seen either of these videos before, but they're so sweet. I think Paperman is my favourite. I'm not reading anything Valentine's related, I finished Pantomime by Laura Lam yesterday, and started The Name of the Star. A Jack the Ripper copycat is a bit too gruesome for Valentine's. ;) Thanks for sharing, Emily! :)

    Aa'Ishah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're are sweet, especially the Disney one! Will be interesting when the Oscars come around!
      Not that I'm intentionally reading valentine's related things! But Pantomime seems to be a popular one between bloggers and readers alike at the moment, is it good?

      Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. I love Head Over Heels because they kept showing it on the news :) Very strange concept but very good!

    Reading wise, I'm trying to make most of the books I read this year either sci-fi/fantasy/dystopian so I don't really theme according to what's going on in the month. I'm reading The Subtle Knife by Phillip Pullman and The Adventures Of Tom Bombadil.

    As for rainy days I tend to spend them playing video games. I've actually just spent all day playing Lego Star Wars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the Disney one all over the internet, but just shows how I don't watch the news that much :P
      I don't intentionally theme (although from my posts it may seem like it), i generally realise the theme after I've read it, unless I'm planning a specific post with MiraInk books!
      A sci-fi/fantasy year sounds quite good though! I don't think I could limit myself to one genre for the majority of the year, I'd end up finding too many books of other genres that I just HAD to read right away instead all the time! :P

      Delete
    2. I have no choice in the morning but to watch the news before work!

      I'm challenging myself really. Mostly because I'm trying to push myself to read all of Tolkien's works which are not easy reads but my god are they amazing, and I really need to read more fantasy anyway because I'm really craving it at the moment. I won some books from MiraInk actually at christmas time so I should read them at some point! I already read Dash and Lily's book of Dares and it was amazing, but then I did love Nick and Norah's infinite playlist :).

      Delete